- Company: BDO AG
- Position: Deputy Director
- Remit / main activity: Planning, execution and conclusion of audits, communication with clients
- Highest academic qualification: state-certified auditor
- Years of professional experience: 18
- Place of work: Grenchen
What makes my work exciting?
- Working with a wide variety of people
- Insight into various business models
- Use of varied programmes
Why did I enter the profession?
- Flair for numbers
- Use of electronic media
What challenges does my work present?
- Balancing act between the options available and the client’s wishes
- Need to adapt communication to suit each stakeholder group and objective
How does my work benefit the economy?
- By providing certainity
What is important to me in my client relationships?
What is currently important for my clients in our cooperation (keyword: coronavirus)?
- Having a qualified contact person even in an unusual situation
- Adapting how we work together depending on what is possible for the client
How has the industry changed? What are the challenges for the future?
- Analysis using computer programmes is gaining importance
- Automated preparation of financial statements, which means that random sampling checks are becoming increasingly important