- Company: Deloitte
- Position: Junior Auditor
- Remit/main activity: Corporate audit
- Höchste abgeschlossene Ausbildung: Masterabschluss
- Highest educational qualification: 2,5
- Place of work: Geneva
What makes my work exciting?
- Teamwork; working with people from different countries, different educational backgrounds, etc.)
- Diversity of missions, clients and industries are interesting.
- The challenges are plentiful and the tasks to be carried out are varied.
- One day is never like the other.
Why did I enter the profession?
- The dynamism of the profession.
- Possibility to learn about a company in its entirety
What challenges does my work present?
The audit is not just about numbers. It is necessary to be able to understand an overall situation, both from the financial point of view and from the economic environment of the company. To do this, the challenge is to conduct a rigorous analysis, but also to be able to take a step back to create added value for our firm and our clients.
How does my work benefit the economy?
- The profession of an auditor is necessary to fight against the drifts that can appear within companies.
- The principle of transparency and independence, which are fundamental aspects of the auditor’s profession, allow us to analyse the decisions that can have a significant impact on the company but also on the economy.
- Stakeholders are aware of potential problems within the company and trust the reports we provide.
What is important to me in my client relationships?
- The client/auditor relationship is a real partnership.
- It is important to listen to our clients and provide them with impeccable service, all while staying independent.
What is currently important for my clients in our cooperation (keyword: coronavirus)?
- Stay closely connected and engaged to our clients.
- Interact with our client, understand how the coronavirus impacts the client and to provide them with a high quality of service.
- We need to support our clients in these uncertain times and always remain sensitive to their situation.
How has the industry changed? What are the challenges of the future?
- Our way of working has strongly evolved.
- The advance of new technologies and IT systems allow us to improve the quality of the audit and increase its value.
- Challenges of the future: the realisation of standard work fully executed through automated processes, providing us with more time to focus on operations at high risk of anomaly and go deeper in the analysis we can do.